Michael Murphy practices in the areas of Native American law, Gaming law, and Employment law. He works with tribal governments and tribal entities in federal Indian law, tribal governance, sovereignty and jurisdiction, gaming, employment, contract negotiations and litigation. Michael also focuses on representing clients in all areas of employment law, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, the Family and Medical Leave Act, litigation and negotiation.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Indian Law Section Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, Past Chair of Native American Resources Committee
Federal Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- Ho-Chunk Nation Tribal Court